P. O. Box 286
Cumming, GA.  30028

Phone: (770) 887-2333
FAX: (770) 781-4384








IF YOU SMELL GAS

If you smell gas, there is the possibility of fire or explosion. Please evacuate the house and call for help. Ask one of our delivery drivers to let you smell the propane leak odor so you can identify it.

Don't use electrical switches, phones, matches or, anything electrical. Go outside to use a mobile phone or go to a neighbors to call us.

Get everyone out of the building.

Shut off the main gas supply valve at your tank or cylinder. Learn where this supply shutoff valve is by asking one of our delivery drivers

Call us.

Safety Is Common Sense, Avoid Accidents

  • Have your propane appliances installed by your propane supplier.

  • Make sure your present appliances are properly vented (when required). Poisonous carbon monoxide can be produced from improperly installed appliances. We will be happy to inspect your venting system.

  • Have a BC rated extinguisher handy. Be sure it is charged. Know how to use it.

  • Do not tamper with your appliances. If you smell gas don't light it. If you can't light it don't fight it!

  • Keep your head away from the valves on your propane tank or cylinder. A sudden discharge could result in injury.

  • Water can damage control valves on appliances. If the control gets wet, replace it.

Don't get caught out of gas!

Did you know the State of Georgia has adopted the National Fire protection Association's requirements regarding out-of-gas situations? These regulations require anyone delivering propane to an out-of-gas customer or new customer to perform a complete system check. This leak and safety check includes an inspection of all lines, appliances, regulators and control valves. A thorough safety check can take as long as an hour to complete and the propane customer is required to be be present. There will be a charge of $50.00 for a pressure/system check.

Propane is an extremely safe energy source when used properly. These strict out-of-gas regulations were enacted by the State of Georgia and NFPA to protect your family and property. Convenience, comfort, cost and safety...these are four good reasons to avoid out-of-gas situations.

Carbon Monoxide: A Hidden Hazard

Its well known that carbon monoxide from car exhaust can be deadly if not vented to the outside. People can also become sick-and die- from the carbon monoxide that may be produced from burning common heating fuels like wood, coal, fuel oil, kerosene, natural gas, and propane. Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, so it's difficult to detect. If you suspect you have carbon monoxide get out of the building and get fresh air, then call us to inspect your heating system vents. Here are some common indicators of CO contamination:

  • An undefined chronic odor inside the building.

  • Dying house plants.

  • Condensation on cool, indoor surfaces.

  • Discoloration or soot buildup at warm air outlets of the heating system.

Other Safety Links


www.npga.org/public/articles/index.html?cat=7

Propane Handling for Campers & RV's
www.propanegas.ca/propane/safety.htm


www.gasco-propane.com/Files/safety.html
  
 

Home | Grills & Heaters | Propane | Links | Safety Info
Ordering FAQ's | Contact Us